10:48 p.m. — Eva Russell reported a tree had fallen and part of it was in the road on N.E. 15th St.
7:42 p.m. — Amanda Wininger called to report her husband Terry Wininger had hit a guard rail due to the ice and snow. She reported there was no damage to the car but the guard rail was knocked down.
Emily M. Gottschall, 22, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by city police for theft. She was released on $,2,500 bond.
Joel Mansell, 37, Washington, was arrested Thursday by city polic for residential entry. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Jerry Betz, 25, Odon, was arrested by Odon police on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for conversion. He was be held at the Daviess County Security Center on $3,500 bond.
- Local News
- Local Sports
Madison, WC and 1993
While everyone in Indiana certainly knows the story of the Zeller brothers and the impact they have had on Washington, several sets of brothers once dominated the basketball landscape in Daviess County.
- Freedom win first game of summer
- Like enjoys summer Freedom
- Edmiston swings away
- The Heat need more from LeBron
- Madison, WC and 1993
- The "Z" Watch
Wolves work out ex-Indiana center Cody Zeller
The Minnesota Timberwolves are evaluating former Indiana center Cody Zeller, among their prospects for the NBA draft.
Zeller worked out for Wolves officials Wednesday, one of several big men who showed their skills on the team's practice court.
- Tyler Zeller among 27 invited to USA Basketball summer minicamp
- IU still working towards sixth banner
- Zeller declares for NBA
- Washington shows support for Zeller
- Wolves work out ex-Indiana center Cody Zeller
VIDEO: Journalist Michael Hastings killed in Hollywood crash
A man killed in a fiery car crash in Hollywood on Tuesday was award-winning journalist Michael Hastings, his employer said.
June 19, 2013 1 Photo
- Are sunscreen chemicals something to worry about?
- Eldest of 19 Duggar kids hired by D.C. lobbying group
- VIDEO: Journalist Michael Hastings killed in Hollywood crash
Movie preview: “World War Z”
Plot: Brad Pitt stars as a United Nations employee tasked with traveling the world in an attempt to find a way to stop a Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself.
- Movie preview: “Monsters University”
- Movie preview: “Man of Steel”
- Movie preview: “World War Z”
- State News
Prison sentence of 12-year-old prompts new juvenile sentencing law
Three years ago, when 12-year-old Paul Henry Gingerich became the youngest person in Indiana ever sent to prison as an adult, his story gained international attention and sparked questions about whether children belong behind bars with grown-up offenders.
- Ritz orders independent analysis of ISTEP results
- State won’t use free lunch program as poverty indicator
- Prison sentence of 12-year-old prompts new juvenile sentencing law