BEECH GROVE — Ruth Cruse, 87, passed away Saturday in Beech Grove. She was born in Montgomery to the late Dewey and Julia Flynn Arvin. She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack B. Cruse, and a brother, Leonard Arvin. Ruth was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother and will be greatly missed. She was a member of Holy Name Catholic Church in Beech Grove since 1952. She is survived by sons, Jack Jr. (Sharon), Larry (Cheri), Greg (Angie), Mark (Nancy), Michael, and Tom (Jenny) Cruse; 21 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; brother, Norbert Arvin; and sisters, Monica Shuffman, Jean Bultman, Therese Gruber and Laverne Teipen. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Holy Name Catholic Church. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Little and Sons Funeral Home, Beech Grove Chapel. Memorial contributions may be made to Holy Name Catholic Church. www.littleandsonsbeechgrove.com
Died Feb. 9, 2013
- Local News
Republicans to vote on new trustee
Republicans from Washington Township will meet today to vote on a new township trustee.
Fifteen committee chairmen from Washington Township will vote at 8:45 a.m. today to fill the position following the death of Albert “Pete” Showalter, who died on April 13.
- North, Owens 'Play' hard
- B-R to graduate 41
- Police Report
- School board approves new handbooks
- Republicans to vote on new trustee
- Local Sports
Obaseki moving up the ladder
Ben Obaseki was happy with his performance at the three-day rookie mini-camp of the Green Bay Packers. Now it is up to the Packers, or another team, to make a call.
- Dubois wins Loogootee Sectional
- WHS girls soccer call-out meeting
- Cougars win one for Samantha
- Wagler places 2nd in 1600 meters
- Obaseki moving up the ladder
- The "Z" Watch
IU still working towards sixth banner
Monday night in Atlanta, Louisville won the school’s first National Championship since the year I was born - 1986. This accomplishment is significant to Indiana basketball fans, because the last two times the Cardinals cut down the nets (1980, 1986), the Hoosiers did it the following year. The stat, of course means nothing, other than both schools had strong programs in the 1980s.
- Zeller declares for NBA
- Washington shows support for Zeller
- Zeller scores 18, but Pacers beat Cavs 99-94
- Oladipo, Zeller named All-Americans
- IU still working towards sixth banner
VIDEO: Tumblr sold to Yahoo! for $1.1 billion
Yahoo! has purchased Tumblr for $1.1 billion, hoping to compete more effectively with sites like Google and Facebook.
May 20, 2013 1 Photo
- What you need to know about preparing for tornadoes
- VIDEO: How technology helps predict tornadoes
- VIDEO: Tumblr sold to Yahoo! for $1.1 billion
Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
Plot: When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within that has left Starfleet in ruins, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
- Movie preview: “The Great Gatsby”
- Movie preview: “Peeples”
- Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
- State News
Indiana’s high school grad rate continues upward
Indiana’s reported high school graduation rate continues to improve, moving from 77 percent to more than 88 percent in less than a decade, but there are still significant achievement gaps marked by race and income.
- Schools chief Ritz on fast learning curve
- SLIDESHOW: Governor Otis R. Bowen
- Indiana’s high school grad rate continues upward