WASHINGTON — Molly K. Moreland, 35, of Washington, died at 10:15 p.m. Thursday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Aug. 23, 1977, in Bloomington, she was the daughter of Robert and Ann (Stellings) Moreland. She graduated from Washington High School in 1995 and Washington Beauty College in 1995 and was attending the University of Phoenix online. She was employed at Fantastic Sams. She is survived by her two sons, Jacob Levi and Joshua Levi, both of Washington; her mother, Ann Moreland of Washington; and one sister, Amy J. Newman of Princeton. She is preceded in death by her father, Robert Moreland; grandfather, Robert Stellings; and one sister, Julie Ann Moreland. Private services were held.
Aug. 23, 1977 - Jan. 17, 2013
- Local News
Wrestlers for relay
The Team Todd Relay for Life team will be joining with Tri-State Wrestling to bring an event to the Old Petersburg Gym on Saturday. Doors will open at 6 p.m. with bell time at 7 p.m. Admission is $5 and children under 4 are free. All proceeds from the event go to the Daviess County Relay for Life Team Todd.
- Dollar General focuses on reading
- Letters returned after 55 years
- Police Report
- Shoals graduation set
- Wrestlers for relay
- Local Sports
Rivet beats Lions in 1st round of sectional
Loogootee saw its chance to repeat as sectional champions end in dramatic fashion as Vincennes Rivet claimed the opening game of Sectional 63 with a 5-4, nine-inning win at Les Page Field on Wednesday.
- Hatchets season ends with loss to Jasper
- Loogootee falls to Rivet in Sectional 63
- Wagler, Stoll pace Vikings
- WHS camp is Monday
- Rivet beats Lions in 1st round of sectional
- The "Z" Watch
IU still working towards sixth banner
Monday night in Atlanta, Louisville won the school’s first National Championship since the year I was born - 1986. This accomplishment is significant to Indiana basketball fans, because the last two times the Cardinals cut down the nets (1980, 1986), the Hoosiers did it the following year. The stat, of course means nothing, other than both schools had strong programs in the 1980s.
- Zeller declares for NBA
- Washington shows support for Zeller
- Zeller scores 18, but Pacers beat Cavs 99-94
- Oladipo, Zeller named All-Americans
- IU still working towards sixth banner
Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Twitter is adding a new security tool to its website, making it harder for outsiders to gain access to accounts, a month after a false posting triggered a stock-market decline.
May 23, 2013 1 Photo
- Siblings withstand storm in fridge
- Mom delivered baby as tornado struck
- Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
Plot: When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within that has left Starfleet in ruins, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
- Movie preview: “The Great Gatsby”
- Movie preview: “Peeples”
- Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
- State News
Report: State is both ‘leader and laggard’
- Indiana’s high school grad rate continues upward
- Schools chief Ritz on fast learning curve
- Report: State is both ‘leader and laggard’