INDIANAPOLIS — Dorothy L. Denbo, 88, passed away Sept. 11. She was a member of the Aldersgate Free Methodist Church and was a volunteer for the Community East Hospital Auxiliary. She is survived by her three sons, Lowell and wife Becky Denbo, Wayne and wife Beverly Denbo, and Danny and wife Pat Denbo; six grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her husband, Rev. Cleo T. Denbo; parents, Harry and Norma (Prater) Horton; and brother, Delbert Horton. Services were held Sept. 15 at Aldersgate Free Methodist Church. Burial was in Washington Park East Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Aldersgate Free Methodist Church, 9035 E. 21st St., Indianapolis. Arrangements were made through Flanner and Buchanan-Washington Park East. Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
Died Sept. 11, 2012
- Local News
North Daviess still facing budget cuts
Members of the state legislature gave schools a two percent increase but North Daviess Community Schools Superintendent Robert Bell said the corporation will still get funding cuts over the next four years.
- Three injured in accident
- Wrestlers for relay
- Dollar General focuses on reading
- Letters returned after 55 years
- North Daviess still facing budget cuts
- Local Sports
Chattin, Stallman win doubles sectional title
Washington's Rachel Chattin and Audra Stallman defeated Madison Reed and Taylor Jeffers of North Daviess, 6-1, 6-4, Wednesday to win the doubles sectional championship.
- Pacers miss golden opportunity
- Rivet beats Lions in 1st round of sectional
- Hatchets season ends with loss to Jasper
- Loogootee falls to Rivet in Sectional 63
- Chattin, Stallman win doubles sectional title
- The "Z" Watch
IU still working towards sixth banner
Monday night in Atlanta, Louisville won the school’s first National Championship since the year I was born - 1986. This accomplishment is significant to Indiana basketball fans, because the last two times the Cardinals cut down the nets (1980, 1986), the Hoosiers did it the following year. The stat, of course means nothing, other than both schools had strong programs in the 1980s.
- Zeller declares for NBA
- Washington shows support for Zeller
- Zeller scores 18, but Pacers beat Cavs 99-94
- Oladipo, Zeller named All-Americans
- IU still working towards sixth banner
Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Twitter is adding a new security tool to its website, making it harder for outsiders to gain access to accounts, a month after a false posting triggered a stock-market decline.
May 23, 2013 1 Photo
- Siblings withstand storm in fridge
- Mom delivered baby as tornado struck
- Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
Plot: When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within that has left Starfleet in ruins, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
- Movie preview: “The Great Gatsby”
- Movie preview: “Peeples”
- Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
- State News
State won’t use free lunch program as poverty indicator
Indiana is changing the way it counts low-income students in public schools because Republican legislators suspect fraud in the federal school-lunch program used to measure poverty.
- Report: State is both ‘leader and laggard’
- Indiana’s high school grad rate continues upward
- State won’t use free lunch program as poverty indicator