1:12 p.m. — An employee of Speed Lube, 416 S.E. Fourth St., reported a soda machine in front of the building had been pried open.
8:09 a.m. — Tim Pressor, 100 Howard St., reported his moped was stolen. A report was made.
6:22 p.m. — An employee of Fast Max, Elnora, reported a drive-off worth $10.67. A skinny male wearing a baseball cap heading to Worthington was seen leaving the scene.
2:12 p.m. — Dane Barber, 9065S 500E, reported the theft of items from his property. Several tractor weights and log chains were taken. Area recycling yards were notified, and a Bedford scrap yard reported a male in a gold Chevrolet truck was seen leaving with chains that matched the description. An investigation is ongoing.
11:17 a.m. — A person came into the station to report a stolen firearm at 2234W Old U.S. 50. A report was made and an investigation is ongoing.
Christopher Paige, 26, Washington, was arrested by city police Wednesday for possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Jayton Colt Alexander, 19, Paoli, was arrested Friday by city police for inhaling toxic vapors, OVWI/controlled substance and theft/receiving stolen property. He was released on $6,500 bond.
Total Jail Population: 159
- Local News
Shooter had minor legal issues
James D. Jones, 60, of Shoals has been identified as the suspect killed when gunfire was exchanged between Jones and State Trooper Jarrod Lents, a nine year veteran of the Indiana State Police
- Lucille Dillon
- Eric Bassler to run for state Senate
- UPDATED! Trooper shot near U.S. 50; suspect dead
- 4-year-old dies after incident at Eastside Park
- Shooter had minor legal issues
- Local Sports
Madison, WC and 1993
While everyone in Indiana certainly knows the story of the Zeller brothers and the impact they have had on Washington, several sets of brothers once dominated the basketball landscape in Daviess County.
- Freedom win first game of summer
- Like enjoys summer Freedom
- Edmiston swings away
- The Heat need more from LeBron
- Madison, WC and 1993
- The "Z" Watch
Wolves work out ex-Indiana center Cody Zeller
The Minnesota Timberwolves are evaluating former Indiana center Cody Zeller, among their prospects for the NBA draft.
Zeller worked out for Wolves officials Wednesday, one of several big men who showed their skills on the team's practice court.
- Tyler Zeller among 27 invited to USA Basketball summer minicamp
- IU still working towards sixth banner
- Zeller declares for NBA
- Washington shows support for Zeller
- Wolves work out ex-Indiana center Cody Zeller
VIDEO: NSA director says 50 plots foiled
General Keith Alexander says two recently disclosed surveillance programs on international communications are critical in the terrorism fight.
June 18, 2013 1 Photo
- Called 'Next Stephen Hawking,' teen is perfect on math exam
- Bakery mix-up goes viral after cat drawn on girl's head
- VIDEO: NSA director says 50 plots foiled
- State News
Prison sentence of 12-year-old prompts new juvenile sentencing law
Three years ago, when 12-year-old Paul Henry Gingerich became the youngest person in Indiana ever sent to prison as an adult, his story gained international attention and sparked questions about whether children belong behind bars with grown-up offenders.
- Ritz orders independent analysis of ISTEP results
- State won’t use free lunch program as poverty indicator
- Prison sentence of 12-year-old prompts new juvenile sentencing law